STAY SAFE STAY PROTECTED
The Delhi government has launched the country’s first plasma bank. If you are a recovered Corona patient, come forward and donate your plasma.
Your contribution may help save a life!
You CAN donate plasma if:
- You were tested positive.
- You have fully recovered and are free of symptoms for 14 days
- You are between 18-60 years old
You cannot donate plasma if:
- Your weight is less than 50 kg
- You have ever been pregnant
- You are diabetic on insulin
- Your Blood Pressure is more than 140 and diastolic less than 60 or more than 90
- You have uncontrolled diabetes or hypertension with change in medication in last 28 days
- You are a Cancer Survivor
- You have chronic kidney/heart/lung or liver disease.
How will Delhi government facilitate donors?
- We will arrange for your transport to the ILBS Hospital in Vasant Kunj, or reimburse your travel cost.
- If you have not yet been tested negative after being tested positive for Covid initially, we will arrange for you to be tested.
- We will provide refreshments during your visit to the Plasma Bank.
- You will receive a Plasma Donor Certificate signed by the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Delhi.
Only a small number of people living in the Inida who are eligible to donate blood or source plasma actually donate. What’s important is that we encourage all forms of donation from those who are eligible, so that they may contribute life-saving blood and source plasma to those in need.
- The plasma protein therapeutics industry supports volunteerism donation in all of its forms. Source plasma donation and blood donation are critically important activities that contribute to saving lives. Source plasma and recovered plasma are used to produce therapies that treat people with rare, chronic diseases and disorders such as primary immunodeficiency, hemophilia and a genetic lung disease, as well as in the treatment of trauma, burns and shock. Whole blood donations most often are used locally in hospitals for transfusions required during surgery or other medical treatment. Find a donation center. Your Donation Can Save Millions.