STAY SAFE STAY PROTECTED
Live COVID-19 statistics for
Last updated: 5 minutes ago
Most common :
Less common :
aches and pains
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement
Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.
People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage their symptoms at home.
On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.
Protect yourself and others around you by knowing the facts and taking appropriate precautions. Follow advice provided by your local health authority.
To prevent the spread of Corona virus:
Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
Maintain a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
Stay home if you feel unwell.
If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
Calling in advance allows your healthcare provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This protects you, and prevents the spread of viruses and other infections.
Masks can help prevent the spread of the virus from the person wearing the mask to others. Masks alone do not protect against this virus, and should be combined with physical distancing and hand hygiene. Follow the advice provided by your local health authority.
The Delhi government has launched the country’s first plasma bank. If you are a recovered Corona patient, come forward and donate your plasma.
Your contribution may help save a life!
You CAN donate plasma if:
- You were tested positive.
- You have fully recovered and are free of symptoms for 14 days
- You are between 18-60 years old
You cannot donate plasma if:
- Your weight is less than 50 kg
- You have ever been pregnant
- You are diabetic on insulin
- Your Blood Pressure is more than 140 and diastolic less than 60 or more than 90
- You have uncontrolled diabetes or hypertension with change in medication in last 28 days
- You are a Cancer Survivor
- You have chronic kidney/heart/lung or liver disease.
How will Delhi government facilitate donors?
- We will arrange for your transport to the ILBS Hospital in Vasant Kunj, or reimburse your travel cost.
- If you have not yet been tested negative after being tested positive for Covid initially, we will arrange for you to be tested.
- We will provide refreshments during your visit to the Plasma Bank.
- You will receive a Plasma Donor Certificate signed by the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Delhi.
Only a small number of people living in the Inida who are eligible to donate blood or source plasma actually donate. What’s important is that we encourage all forms of donation from those who are eligible, so that they may contribute life-saving blood and source plasma to those in need.
- The plasma protein therapeutics industry supports volunteerism donation in all of its forms. Source plasma donation and blood donation are critically important activities that contribute to saving lives. Source plasma and recovered plasma are used to produce therapies that treat people with rare, chronic diseases and disorders such as primary immunodeficiency, hemophilia and a genetic lung disease, as well as in the treatment of trauma, burns and shock. Whole blood donations most often are used locally in hospitals for transfusions required during surgery or other medical treatment. Find a donation center. Your Donation Can Save Millions.